Friday, January 23, 2009

I wish I had a river I could skate away on...

But it don't snow here
It stays pretty green
I'm going to make a lot of money
Then I'm going to quit this crazy scene
I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
I wish I had a river so long
I would teach my feet to fly


frozen river
Morning commute.


The cold has broken... sort of. I will admit I was pretty chilly on my ride to work, but I was thrilled to be riding rather than driving, so I didn't mind much. I stopped on my way in to take a few shots of the river, which was frozen. Standing on the bridge with my camera and bike, I couldn't help but hear Joni Mitchell in my head. I stood there for a while taking in the cold, still morning before I hopped back on my bike and headed to work.

Dusk sky, Walnut St.

Walnut Bridge View


The evening ride is never quite the same. The roads are busy. I'm on high alert much of the time because I ride on heavily-trafficked roads and drivers aren't always paying attention. Tonight I was cut off twice by drivers who failed to notice me in all my seizure-inducing, blinking red and white lit glory. I can't help but take this personally; it is my life they're taking into their hands, after all. After the first near accident, I stopped on the bridge (different bridge from this morning) for some down time. And more photos. These aren't so great--I don't travel with a tripod. But the sky was beautiful, and the lights were reflecting off the river; I had to document it.

Despite ignorant drivers, today I fell in love with Philly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment