Tuesday, September 29, 2009

musings on fall... and more

Today, I sat outside for a few minutes after lunch. I felt the cool air blow past and smelled that particular tang in the air; it's fall. We had temperatures in the mid-80's last week, but that suddenly seems so far away. I've pulled my hoodies out of the closet, traded my shorts for jeans (and realized just how shabby all my clothes are, and how much I need to replace them, but that's another story), and am anticipating months of bundled bike rides and hot beverages at night. Oh yes, fall. When my tea rampages set in. Someone should call the owner of Steap and tell her to expect that crazy Rooibos fiend, 'cuz I'ma comin'.


DSC_0007

The leaves have barely started changing, but the grasses are dying off.

DSC_0017


Tomorrow is my second therapy session. I feel ambivalent. I've had bad experiences in the past, so I'm not really a fan. I'm looking for major issues. My current therapist did some things that are pet-peeves of mine, but didn't do anything overtly horrible, homophobic, assumptive, or wrong (yes, I've had that kind of negative therapy experience). I don't really want to go, but it's that "I don't want to do anything after work but go home and read/hang out with Lou/be at home" not wanting to go, not the usual "therapy is torture and I would rather be trapped in a room full of tarantulas" sort of not wanting to go. I suppose that's a step in the right direction.

Oh! I fell down the stairs tonight. And landed on my ass. Which I've just had surgery on. That was awesome. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment